Duties and Powers of the Head of Staff:
1. Specialize in internal office affairs maintaining, including the day to day operations of the OSA and all other communication. This includes, but is not limited to, the assignment and follow up of case work in coordination with the Division Directors and advising organizations.
2. Assist in all duties performed by the Student Advocate General as requested.
3. Be responsible for planning and implementing all staff training sessions.
4. Serve as one of the office policy specialists.
a) Be proficiently knowledgeable of University and system wide policies, rules, and regulations.
b) Assist the Student Advocate General with presenting the position of the Associated Students to the University’s administration concerning student rights, campus rules, and other areas of student conduct, regulations.
5. Track and oversee the progress of quarterly projects of office projects and casework intake.
6. Ensure that office staff members are attending campus events, club and organization meetings, and meetings with administration respective to their positions.
7. Will be responsible for conducting meetings if SAG is not available.
8. Hold a minimum of six (6) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the position.
9. In the event that the Office of the Student Advocate becomes vacant, the chief shall lead the office staff and ensure the office operates until a new SAG is duly elected.
10. Serve as a member of the Conduct and Ethics Committee (CEC) whenever necessary.
a. Active only when the OSA is presented with an alleged breach of Policy 1.
b. Serve a non-partisan position when active in the CEC. c) Shall attend a training on the understanding of unconscious bias.
11. Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
Apply Here: https://forms.gle/4dw3QbWNnL1HyvF66