The Grievances Division Caseworkers shall:
1) Assist in all matters requested by the Student Advocate General and/or Head of Staff regarding grievances matters and procedures.
2) Conduct casework pertaining to matters that do not fall into academic, financial aid, or student conduct divisions. a) Grievance cases include, but are not limited to: University formal grievances, sexual violence and sexual harassment (SVSH), DSP accommodations, discrimination/hate crimes reporting, and UCPD complaints. b) Collaborate with the Head of Staff and Directors of Public Interest in conducting casework pertaining to social justice.
3) Serve as the OSA liaison for offices and departments such as Office of Title IX, CARE office, UCPD, Student Affairs, CAPS, Health and Wellness, Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS), and other respective on and off campus departments and AS entities. 97
4) Serve as the OSA representative for any community town halls and community-demand meetings, including but not limited to, Title IX policy updates, Sexual Assault Town Halls, and community-specific demand meetings.
5) Assist caseworkers and all office staff members in resources and outside office referrals.
6) Assist the Head of Staff in the planning of office trainings and protocols.
7) Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the position.
8) Serve a term of one (1) academic year
Number of Openings: 1