The Directors of Public Interest shall:
1) Assist in all matters requested by the Student Advocate General and/or the Head of Staff regarding social justice.
2) They will support and collaborate with the Student Advocate General and/or Head of Staff in matters concerning social justice by: a) Organizing with organizations/devising policy changes that work to support the Associated Students Bill of Rights. b) Brining issues that community organizers can then execute.
3) Shall attend at least one (1) meeting of each social justice Board and Commission such as: Human Rights Board (HRB), Trans and Queer Commission (TQCOMM), Commission on Disability Equality (C.O.D.E.), Student Commission on Racial Equity (S.C.O.R.E.), and Commission for Marginalized Genders during the academic year.
4) Analyze and track casework to plan and coordinate quarterly community projects pertaining to social justice.
5) Work with the Internal and External Deputy Head of Staff, Head of Staff, and Student Advocate General.
6) Serve as a member of the Conduct and Ethics Committee (CEC) whenever necessary. a) Active only when the OSA is presented with an alleged breach of Policy 1. b) Serve a nonpartisan position when active in the CEC. c) Shall attend a training on understanding unconscious bias.
7) Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the position.
8) Serve a term of one (1) academic year
Number of Openings: 1