The Directors of Student Life and Campus Community Shall:
1) Assist in all matters requested by the Student Advocate General and/or the Head of Staff regarding advocacy outreach.
2) Be responsible for projects and outreach that focus on advocacy and upholding student rights.
3) Serve as a liaison to AS entities and other student organizations involved in advocacy and outreach efforts, including but not limited to: a) SCORE, SIRRC, Take Back the Night b) El Congreso, IDEAS c) Isla Vista Community Services District d) RHA
4) Collaborate with other AS entities/offices/BCU’s, student organizations, departments, etc. in devising special projects pertaining to advocacy and outreach.
5) Work with the External Deputy Head of Staff, Head of Staff, and Student Advocate General.
6) Serve as a member of the Conduct and Ethics Committee (CEC) whenever necessary. a) Active only when the OSA is presented with an alleged breach of Policy 1. b) Serve a nonpartisan position when active in the CEC. 98 c) Shall attend a training on understanding unconscious bias.
7) Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours a week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the position.
8) Serve a term of one academic year
Number of Openings: 1