The Public Relations Coordinator and the Community Outreach Coordinator hold similar positions. While there are many opportunities for collaboration amongst these two roles the main difference is as follows: The Public Relations Coordinators are primarily responsible for promoting CAB to the greater public and Santa Barbara area (through means of newspaper, radio, websites, etc.) and connecting with other similar organizations. Where as the Community Outreach Coordinator’s main role is to connect with students and our direct community to connect them with CAB.
1) Serve as the primary liaison between the Greek community and Resident Assistants, informing them of upcoming volunteer opportunities on campus and the surrounding community.
2) Coordinate publicity needs of all key volunteer members.
3) Compose and send out Public Service Announcements and articles to local news sources (Daily Nexus, The Bottom Line, SB Independent, KCSB Radio, Facebook, etc) to help the community reach greater awareness about CAB’s presence and activities.
4) Shall assume the responsibilities of the Co-Chairs in their absence.
5) Organize monthly campus tabling at the UCEN or Arbor for recruiting CAB members and volunteers for projects and events.
6) Hold a minimum of three (3) office hours per week.
7) Responsible for coordinating all public relations activities with the campus community regarding volunteer programs, projects and events sponsored by CAB, campus organizations, and local, national and international non-profits.
8) Connect with ALL organizations on campus who share a similar mission as CAB so that we may collaborate and work together.
9) Reach out to greater organizations in the Santa Barbara Area who share similar mission as CAB so that we may collaborate and work together.
10) Keep the CAB website and Facebook page updated with current events and announcements on Care-Mail on a weekly basis.
11) Organize and/or facilitate a minimum of seven monthly campus tabling events at the UCEN, Annex or Arbor for recruiting CAB members and volunteers for projects and events.
12) Actively participate in the planning process for CAB’s annual Volunteer Week and provide assistance during the week’s events.
If you submit an application via this website, it will not been reviewed by CAB. Please submit an application via their website: https://cab.as.ucsb.edu.
Position Length: One Academic Year
Number of Openings: 0