Commissioner of Environmental Sustainability
Will provide student input to administrative bodies, create policy proposals to improve campus environmental quality, and monitor and promote sustainability efforts both on and off campus.
1) Act as a liaison to A.S. Environmental Affairs Board, A.S. Coastal Fund, A.S. Recycling, A.S. Public Worms, A.S. Zero Waste Committee and the A.S. Food Bank.
2) Work in coordination with these A.S. boards, commissions, and units and the Office of the President to identify areas of needed improvement in the quality and availability of campus facilities, and create policy proposals and resolutions that will promote those improvements.
3) It is strongly recommended that this position serve as the official Associated Students representative to the following Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees: Campus Sustainability Committee, Biosafety Committee, Chemical Safety Committee, Natural Reserve System Committee, and the Radiation Safety Committee.
4) Stay informed on all actions, legislations, and pending business of the Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees that deal with environmental and sustainability issues and, to the best of their ability, advocate on behalf of students when issues that affect students are discussed.
5) Serve four (4) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the commissioner position.
6) Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1