The Legislative Director shall be the President’s chief liaison to the AS Senate and its committees.
1) Draft all legislation as requested by the AS President.
2) Stay up to date of all actions and affairs of the AS Senate and inform the AS President of business that is of importance to the Office of the President.
3) Advocate for the passage of legislation supported by the Office of the President and Executive Office.
4) Advise the President on all legislation at the local, statewide, and national level.
5) Attend four (4) AS Senate meetings per quarter.
6) Serve two (2) office hours per week.
7) Attend all staff meetings of the Office of the President.
8) Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
9) The individual holding this position may not serve as a proxy for an AS Senator due to a direct conflict of interest as the chief liaison of the President to the AS Senate and its committees
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1