The Commissioner of Budget and Resources will provide input to administrative bodies, create policy proposals to improve the transparency and management of the Associated Students budget and campus budget, and monitor spending, investments, proposed cuts, and sources of funding to the Association and campus.
1) Complete all office requisitions and maintain a record of the office budget.
2) Work in coordination with the Student Fee Advisory Committee and the Office of the President to identify areas of needed improvement in the transparency and management of the campus budget, and create policy proposals and resolutions that will promote those improvements.
3) It is strongly recommended that this position serves as the official Associated Students Representative to the following Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees: the Coordinating Committee on Budget Strategy, and the Committee on Capital and Space Planning.
4) Stay informed on all actions, legislation, and pending business of the Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees that deal with financial and budgeting matters and, to the best of their ability, advocate on behalf of students when issues that affect students are discussed.
5) Serve two (2) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the commissioner position.
6) Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1