The Communications Director will engage the student body vis-à-vis the Office of the President’s presence on campus and coordinate outreach efforts with identified campus entities.
1) Keep abreast of all A.S., Student Organization, Department, Campus, and Community events and coordinate the President’s presence.
2) Ensures that all aspects of communication are covered to ensure that the President’s message has been delivered clearly and successful
3) Devise a transparent communications strategy to promote the President’s agenda through all media outlets.
4) Maintain a transparent Office of the President office by actively advertising major campaigns, actions, and lobby efforts through all available sources of media.
5) Aid the Chief of Staff in publicizing internship and/or volunteer opportunities available in the Office of the President.
6) Be responsible for maintaining a good public image for the Office of the President and the Office of the President’s staff.
7) Organize quarterly forums and regular, targeted town halls.
8) Hold a weekly one-on-one meeting with the President to strategize weekly appearances.
9) Serve a minimum of two (2) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the position.
10) Serve a term of one (1) academic year
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1