- Maintain a strong knowledge of the A.S. UCSB Legal Code as well as the A.S. Financial Policies and Procedures.
- In the absence of the Attorney General, assume the duties and powers of the Attorney General.
- Assist and advise the Attorney General with the prosecution of cases brought to Judicial Council.
- Direct the OAG staff, under the guidance of the Attorney General, to work on cases involving violations of the A.S. UCSB Legal Code, including the assignment and follow-up of case-work.
- Organize and co-facilitate weekly staff meetings. Check in regularly with office staff to provide support in their work.
- Assume or delegate the responsibilities of any vacant positions within the OAG until such position is filled.
- Attend three (3) Senate meetings on behalf of, or in addition to, the Attorney General.
- Hold a minimum of two (2) weekly office hours. j) Attempt to attend at least one (1) meeting per quarter of all other Associated Students regular meetings as time permits.
- Attend at least two (2) meetings per quarter of the Senate Standing Committee on Finance and Business.
- Actively seek out violations of the elections code to be reported to the elections committee.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 0