1) Work to identify areas of needed improvement in the quality and use of campus facilities, and create policy proposals and resolutions that will promote those improvements.
2) Help put on quarterly programs to get feedback and opinions from the undergraduate student body in regards to the condition, use, and quality of campus facilities.
3) It is strongly recommended that this position serve as the official Associated Students representative to the following Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees: the Committee on Development and Community Relations, the Design and Review Committee, the Classroom Design and Renovation Committee.
4) Complete at least one project by the end of the academic year that improves facilities on campus.
5) Stay informed on all actions, legislations, and pending business of the Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees that (s)he oversees and, to the best of their ability, advocate on behalf of students when issues that affect students are discussed.
6) Write detailed reports on the progress of the issues they are working on and present all updates at the weekly staff meetings.
7) Serve a minimum of four (4) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all responsibilities of the commissioner position.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1