Power and Duties
1) Stay abreast of the political environment on the campus community.
2) Serve as a liaison to other campus organizations whose mission statement seeks to improve the status of students with queer sexualities and genders and their allies such as, but not limited to: Queer and Trans Community, Friendly Undergraduate Queers in it Together (FUQIT), La Familia De Colores, Black Quare, Queer Asian Pacific Islanders (QAPI), Keshet, Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (oSTEM).
3) The Internal Coordinator shall serve as the co-chair of the Queer Leadership Council Meetings alongside a representative of the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity. They will be involved with the planning and facilitation of Queer Leadership Council meetings meant to provide space for Queer and Trans organizations to come together and update each other on their events, projects, and allow them to have a unified voice.
4) During weeks 1-3, the internal coordinator shall meet with the professional staff of the RCSGD to begin the planning for the Queer Leadership Council and Queer Town Hall.
5) Work to outreach to the queer and trans community by gaining and building membership.
6) Maintain maximum communication (i.e. weekly updates) with Trans & Queer (QT) organizations, specifically about UCSB Pride Week, to ensure maximum participation from all QT organizations on-campus.
7) Hold a minimum of two (2) regularly scheduled office hours per week.
Number of Openings: