Duties and Powers of Global Gaucho Commission
1) Shall be responsible for representing the international student community at UCSB.
2) Shall serve as a hub reference point for all international students and student groups
3) Shall provide international student groups with event and project funding.
4) Shall maintain a working relationship between EAP in order to collaboratively engage international student participation and awareness.
Duties of the Internal Chair:
1) Schedule, prepare the agenda, and co-chair the weekly committee meetings at an
announced time and location.
2) Hold a minimum of three (3) regularly scheduled office hours per week, to be held in the AS Main office, AS Annex, University Center, or a visible location in Isla Vista.
3) Attend at least two (2) non-consecutive Senate meetings per quarter to report on the Committee’s actions with the External Chair.
4) Make verbal or written recommendations from Global Gaucho Commission or ISAB to Senate on all Associated Students’ bills relating to the UCSB and Isla Vista Community.
5) Schedule the GGC quarterly event and/or project in conjunction with the External Chair or Special Projects Officers.
6) Shall conduct one-on-one once a quarter with all over GGC officers
7) Shall schedule the quarterly retreat
8) Promote GGC involvement through weekly recognition.
9) In conjunction with the External Chair and Treasurer, shall prepare Committee’s budget for the following year.
10) Attend at least one (1) International Student Advisory Board and one (1) ISA (International Student Association), or any other inclusive international student OSL.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1