Duties of Marketing and Publicity Director:
1. Work with media outlets to publish timely commission information, such as press releases, flyers, brochures, and other materials.
2. Be responsible for organizing and releasing any university email announcements about GGC.
3. Be responsible for creating and organizing all promotional material for GGC
4. Shall oversee the advertising and marketing strategies for all events and the Commission in general.
5. Develop and enact at least one (1) campus-wide promotional or marketing campaigns per quarter
6. Work closely with the Media Relations Committee, OISS, and various UCSB academic departments to help promote events.
7. Maintain and monitor all commission social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
8. Work with Special Projects Coordinators during planning of events to determine advertising and publicity needs, strategies, budgets, deadlines, etc.
9. Shall hold a minimum of two (2) office hours per week.
10. Shall serve as an available aid to the chairs and other commission members in their event and project planning.
Number of Openings: 1