Advisor to the EVPSA and Organizing Directors for Federal legislation. Act as a think tank for Federal policy and strategy. Release weekly policy reports including updates and recommendations to the EVPSA office and will publish public updates about Federal political issues pertinent to UC students.
The official duties of the Federal Policy Analyst:
- Remain thoroughly informed on all relevant proceedings, legislation, and policy related to the work of the EVPSA office.
- Be responsible for producing a weekly policy update to the EVPSA and office staff in the form of both press clips as well as a brief.
- Work in partnership with the EVPSA and Senate to pass resolutions related to national issues.
- Be responsible for any fellows, and conduct a weekly national policy advising staff meeting.
- Respond to staff inquiries in a timely manner.
- Report to Senate a minimum of two (2) times per quarter.
- Serve three (3) office hours per week devoted to research.
- Attend all EVPSA staff meetings and quarterly retreats.
- Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1