- Act as a liaison to A.S. Queer Commission, A.S. Take Back the Night, A.S. Student Commission on Racial Equality, and A.S. Commission on Disability Equality. Attend at least two (2) meetings of each of the above Boards and Commissions per quarter and stay in constant communication with their chairs.
- Shall sit on AS Public Safety Commission and attend regular meetings.
- Meet regularly with Isla Vista Foot Patrol and the University of California Police Department.
- Complete at least two additional projects/campaigns that addresses community safety issues per quarter, such as a “Know Your Rights” campaign and a project addressing social climate issues on campus and in Isla Vista.
- Facilitate the safety keeping efforts of all projects coming out of this office.
- Coordinate Hate/Bias Prevention training for the EVPLA staff by week six (6) of fall quarter.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1