Duties and Responsibilities of the Committee External Chair:
1. Ensure that the responsibilities of the Vice Chair, Internal Liaison, Shared Governance Coordinator, Internal Climate Coordinators and Outreach and Recruitment Coordinators are met.
2. Report at the three Senate meetings each quarter including the Senate meeting immediately following a meeting of the A.S. Assembly.
3. Work with the Committee to schedule, advertise, and attend interviews of applicants for A.S. Committee positions (when needed) and student representative positions on Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees.
4. Shall be responsible for coordinating an Association wide Week of Welcome recruitment effort and quarterly recruitment fairs.
5. Hold at least five (5) regular-posted office hours per week.
6. Shall plan and coordinate AS Leadership Orientation for all members of Associated Students.
7. Shall be responsible for the Committee’s Social Media presence in collaboration with the Outreach and Recruitment Coordinators.
8. Works with the chairs of A.S. entities to ensure necessary membership is met.
9. Chair all of the Committee on Committees meetings with the External Chair.
10. Be an active member of the Office of the Internal Vice President.
11. Be a non-voting, Ex-officio member of all other A.S. entities.
12. Collaborate with the Internal Chair to plan quarterly retreats for the Committee.
13. Be responsible for the fiscal management of the Committee and in conjunction with the Internal Chair, shall prepare the Committee’s budget for the following year.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 1