Please Apply Here -> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0eWCsVNoKuDomUaQNzLt3QrI45IwCF0npkRnPeuIYlmzQhw/viewform
Coordinator for Artistic and Cultural Affairs
Will provide student input to administrative bodies, is responsible for promoting the diverse arts and cultures of UC Santa Barbara as a way to create dialogue, and ensure UCSB’s varied arts and cultures are recognized and acknowledged.
1) Act as a liaison to the MultiCultural Center, OISS (Office of International Students and Scholars), the Isla Vista Arts Board, and Arts and Lectures.
2) Work in coordination with the above entities and the Office of the President to identify areas of improvement in the recognition and acknowledgement of various artistic and cultural events and activities throughout campus, and create policy proposals and resolutions that will promote these improvements
3) Stay informed on all actions, legislations, and pending business of the Academic Senate and Administrative Advisory Committees that deal with artistic and cultural issues and, to the best of their ability, advocate on behalf of students when issues that affect students are discussed.
4) Attend 3 artistic/cultural events per quarter that the AS President or the Coordinator does not personally identify with as a representative of the Office of the President
5) Serve at least two (2) office hours a week dedicated, in non-AS affiliated spaces.
6) Serve a term of one (1) academic year
Number of Openings: