Duties and Powers of the Academic and Financial Aid Division Caseworkers shall:
1. Assist in all matters requested by the Student Advocate General and/or the Head of Staff regarding cases pertaining to Academic Judicial Affairs, academic grievances/disputes and Financial Aid processes.
a) Casework in the Academic division includes matters such as grade appeals, dismissal and academic probation, petitions surrounding Office of the Registrar deadlines, and assistance with withdrawing from the University.
b) Casework in the Financial Aid portion of the division includes matters such as Satisfactory Academic Appeals, Expected Family Contribution appeals, On-Time Status appeals, Cost of Attendance appeals, work-study appeals, and assistance with withdrawing from the University relating to tuition and financial aid.
2. Conduct casework pertaining to Academic Judicial Affairs, academic disputes, academic grievances, and financial aid processes.
3. Be acquainted with administration in the Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid Office, and academic departments.
4. Shall attend four (4) meetings of the Academic Affairs Board per quarter.
5. Analyze and track casework to plan and coordinate quarterly community projects pertaining to Academic Affairs and Financial Aid matters.
6. Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week dedicated to fulfilling all of the responsibilities of the position.
7. Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
Position Length: 1 Academic Year
Number of Openings: 2