Duties and Powers of the ASZWC Compost Coordinators:
1. Work with UCSB’s Housing and Dining’s Environmental & Energy Programs Manager to expand composting infrastructure in the residence halls.
2. Work with RHA Environmental Awareness Chairs to host educational workshops on composting.
3. Gather feedback from the campus community regarding compost infrastructure and projects.
4. Work with key campus stakeholders such as Facilities Management’s Refuse, Recycling & Water Efficiency Manager and AS Recycling to expand/improve campus compost infrastructure.
5. Research and applying for grant opportunities to improve compost infrastructure and programs on campus
6. Work with Public Outreach Coordinator to encourage composting on campus through multiple mediums.
7. Attend every meeting unless an excused absence is obtain. Maintain necessary communication with the committee regardless of attendance.
8. Meet with Co-Chairs and Advisor at least twice per quarter.
9. Maintain records of progress for current and future ZWC members.
Number of Openings: 1