1) Emerging Leader Commissioners are first-year and/or transfer students who are experiencing their first year with the UCSB LGBTQIA+ community. A non-first year student who is an emerging leader in the UCSB LGBTQIA+ community can be appointed to this position with a two-thirds (2/3) majority approval by the voting membership.
2) Work in collaboration with the rest of the elected membership in order to cultivate knowledge of the climate and the needs of the queer LGBGTIA+ community.
3) Assist with projects and events initiated by the commission (including, but not limited to, the Pride Committee events and projects.)
4) Serve two (2) regularly scheduled office hour per week.
5) Work with the Trans & Gender Non-Conforming Coordinator to plan and execute two (2) community dine-outs per academic year.
6) Be a member of the Pride Committee.
Position Length: One Academic Year
Number of Openings: 2