Duties and Responsibilities of the External Affairs Committee Policy Analysts
1) The Policy Analysts run the committee think tank for both global, federal, and state legislation research policy, and provides guidance around policy issues to the External Affairs Committee.
2) Remain thoroughly informed on all relevant proceedings, legislation, and policy related to the work of the External Affairs Committee. This includes but is not limited to: a) Inter-Governmental Organizations and Global Affairs b) United States Congress c) California State Senate and Assembly d) UC Regents e) UC Office of the President f) UCSB 124
3) Work in partnership with the committee and Senate to pass resolutions related to global, national, and statewide issues.
4) Be responsible for any assigned fellows, and conduct a weekly national and statewide policy of advising staff meeting.
5) Report to the committee chair and vice-chair a minimum of three (3) times per quarter.
6) Service two (2) office hours per week devoted to research and development of policy briefs.
7) Attend all External Affairs Committee meetings.
8) Serve a term of one (1) academic year.
Apply here: https://forms.gle/rfqipaGVL25GDxAE7
Number of Openings: 1